About Me

All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

10 things to remember

So in my quest to discover interesting things and educate myself, I stumbledupon this list of 10 quotes to remember. Under normal circumstances, with each post comes a little lesson, but today I leave this to you. If you find the lesson inside these words, you are ready to find it, if you are still left wondering, keep searching, it will come to you when you least expect it.

1. "Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."


2. "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance."


3. "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

4. "Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

5. "The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage."

6. "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

7. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."

8. "He who learns but does not think, is lost. He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger."

9. "He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."

10. "If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?"
          - Confucius